Manga: Grand Blue, ぐらんぶる (Chapter 2, 新歓コンパ)
- Context: this is a manga about swimming.
- ei teeburu
- ei エイ - katakanized alphabet letter.
- "sakazuki wo hosu" to kaite!
Write [it] as "to dry [one's] sake cup"!
- sakazuki - a rather flat cup traditionally used to drink sake, also seen in some anime like One Piece in ceremonies to become sworn brothers and the like.
- "kanpai" to yomu!
Read [it] as "kanpai"!
- Sentences such as the above are about how a word, like 乾杯, is written with the same kanji as a sentence that defines the word, like 杯を乾す.
kanpai-grand-blue-ch02.png has been used in the following articles: